When we start our career, we can be a bit lost. At least, that’s the way I feel.
On my years as Undergraduate, and even during my Masters, one of the things that I missed was a certain guidance on how to became an Academic. None has taught me about “how to write a good abstract”, “how to get updates on conferences”, “how to get published”, “what are the different publications” etc. This things should be implemented on our scholar syllabus and degree plans.
Obviously this app doesn’t fill those blanks, but it is a good tool to get update about the very last news on the world of the Sociology, and it is for free!
Sociology Spotlight is a must-have app for all Sociologists brought to you by Wiley-Blackwell.
This exciting new app gives you the following community features at your fingertips, anywhere, anytime –
• Latest information on key Sociology conferences and latest conference tweets
• Latest abstracts for Sociology articles and books, including the ability to ‘follow’ your favorite publications
• Latest news in and around the discipline from Sociology Lens
• Latest Special Issues, including free articles
• Latest Video Abstracts for Sociology articles
• Access to a series of Publishing Workshops, in audio and PDF format
• Customizable YouTube search tool to find educational videos
• A customizable search of scholarly literature, blogs and news articles related to Sociology
• Customizable Syllabi Search tool to find syllabi freely available on institutional websites, perfect for generating teaching ideas
• The ability to bookmark any content you see, email yourself a Reading List and share content via Facebook and Twitter
• The ability to add your own RSS feeds, allowing you to keep track of your favorite sources
This unique app shines a powerful spotlight on Sociology, enabling you to instantly read all the latest news and developments in your field. Whether you want to keep track of broad trends across the discipline or focus in on a subfield, Sociology Spotlight is an essential tool for your research and teaching.